Stay cool and have lots of laughs on a hot summer day when you play the Dump the Cup and Pass the Water Game. This game is a great boredom buster on a warm day that will certainly jazz up the mood on any low energy day. Simply grab some plastic drinking cups and some water and you are ready to go.
The object of the game is to pass a cupful of water backwards in a line by dumping the water in your cup blindly behind you for the person behind you to catch. There will undoubtedly be a few splashes and spills and some giggles. Repeat this game in attempt to get faster and more efficient at passing the water with fewer spills.
- A plastic cup for each player
How to Play
- Start at one end of the yard.
- Players line up one behind the other, each holding a plastic cup in their hands in front of them.
- The first player in line has a full cup of water and carefully hold the cup over his or her head and pours their cup backward attempting to dump his or her water into the cup of the person behind him or her.
- The person behind the first person should attempt to catch the water with his cup.
- When the water is poured, the pourer runs to the back of the line with the empty cup in hand.
- That person who caught the water then does the same thing and attempts to pour their cup backward into the cup behind him or her without looking.
- The third person attempts to catch as much of the water as possible.
- Continue pouring backward until you get across the whole yard or as far as you can go while still maintaining water in your cup and going as fast as you can.