The DuPage Children's Museum is an educational museum in Naperville, Illinois, which is located just 30 miles west of Chicago. It showcases a wide variety of hands-on exhibits that are designed to teach young children about topics related to science, math, art, and the environment while having fun. It also provides a number of educational programs for families, scouting groups, and children with special needs. If you need a place to keep your little one happy on a rainy day, it's a great attraction to visit.
Things to Do
- Visit the Creativity Studio, where you can paint, draw, make collages, and do science experiments with your child.
- Take your little one to the Young Explorers area, which features fun exhibits related to matching and sorting designed for children under 2.
- Explore the Build It exhibit, where you can use wood and real tools to build your own creations!
DuPage Children's Museum Insider Tips
- If you have a child with special needs who prefers less crowded atmospheres, consider attending the Third Thursday program, which features a different sensory-based activity each month.
- Have your child's next birthday party at the museum - their party packages include healthy food, unlimited time to explore the museum, and the use of a bubble machine!
- Check out their many public programs, including Family Fun Friday Nights and Play-to-Learn.