Eagle Mountain Lake is a big reservoir and lake located 35 minutes north of Fort Worth, Texas in Tarrant County, Texas. The lake was formed by the damming of Trinity River, initially completed in October of 1932.
Things to Do
- Fish for your supper in the lake: you can catch a white bass or catfish, the more dominant fish in the area. Note that you may need a fishing license if you partake in this activity, and take note of the regulations imposed by the state on fishing! Fishing is the most popular activity in the area.
- You can also go boating around the lake if fishing doesn't interest you much. There are numerous access points where you can launch your boat, or you can rent one. Note that these boat areas have different operating times and some may charge a fee. Check the eagle mountain lake website for more details.
- Try some other water sports - you can wakeboard, waterski or kayak around the area. Don't know how to? There are companies that can teach you how!
- Hike around some of the trails - there are a few trails within the area
- Go camping - the lake area has campgrounds which you can utilize.
- Eat at one of the restaurants nearby.
Eagle Mountain Lake Insider Tips
- Other nearby places you can go to while you're in the area are: Lake Mineral Wells, a state park where you can also do some trails, Fort Richardson, an old fort used in the civil war, and Cedar Hill State Park, a recreation area where you can swim in the lake and do other family fun activities!