Enjoy a walk through the diverse California woods just steps away from the action of the city of San Francisco. The Ecology Trail is located within the Presidio in the Bay Area and offers an ideal escape into nature close to home.
Things to Do
- Take a detour up the stairs along the path to Inspiration Point. This portion of the trail offers a stunning view of the Bay as well as the city.
- Bring a Picnic! Just along the loop is the El Polin Spring alongside a new picnic and barbeque area.
- Look for wildlife. Native birds and insects are abundant and fun to watch throughout the trail.
- Enjoy the Redwood Grove. The ecology trail is home to the largest group of Redwood trees in the Presidio.
Ecology Trail Insider Tips
- The trailhead is located directly across the street from the Presidio Golf Course parking lot.
- The entire trail loop is under 2 miles of terrain. While strollers may be difficult to bring along, this trail is family friendly.
- The visitors center is generally open from 9am-5pm daily and features free trail maps to help guide your adventure.