The Edgewater State Park makes a great day out for the family. The main draw here is the beach but there is plenty more to enjoy. There are all kinds of sports and healthy activites that you can take part in or if you just want to laze on the sand you can do that too!
Things to Do
- There is a lot to keep you busy at Edgewater State Park. First and foremost there is the beach where you can swim or build sand castles with your kids. If your children get bored with that then you can send them off to the playground or get them ice cream from one of the vendors.
- Bring along your rod and fresh bait to fish off the fishing pier. Fire up a barbeque for your family and friends at one of the Park's charcoal grills; you can reserve a picnic shelter too if you want some privacy.
- Every Thursday from mid-June to mid-August sees the Edgewater Live festival take place. Bring along a folding chair or a blanket and enjoy live music.
- There are some great activities organized too with a concentration on ensuring a family friendly atmosphere If you don't feel like packing a picnic then don't worry, the great selection of food trucks well keep you well fed!
Edgewater State Park Insider Tips
- During the summer months lifeguards are on duty at the beach from 11 a.m until 9 p.m. From August 10th until Labor Day they are only stationed at the weekend.