Elizabeth Park is a beautiful 101-acre public park in Hartford, Connecticut. It is best known for its impressive rose garden that dates back to 1904, which was the first public rose garden in the United States. Its many other attractions include greenhouses, tennis and basketball courts, hiking trails, a playground, softball and baseball fields, and a pond. If you're looking for a beautiful green space in Hartford where you can enjoy the great outdoors with your family, Elizabeth Park is a must-visit attraction.
Things to Do
- Explore the rose garden, which is one of the largest rose gardens in the United States. It showcases more than 800 rose varieties over 2.5 acres of land, which make it one of the most visually stunning areas of Hartford.
- View the four greenhouses located within the park, including the Orchid House which dates back to 1898.
- Go for a family hike using one of the hiking trails or play a game of tennis or basketball together.
- Take your little one to the playground, where they can slide, climb, and swing to their hearts' content.
Elizabeth Park Insider Tips
- When you get hungry, stop by the Pond House Café overlooking Elizabeth Pond to have a snack or family meal.
- Save money by bringing along a picnic lunch and eating on the grass by scenic sights like the Boulder Bridge and the park's beautiful ponds.
- Don't miss the chance to enjoy the spectacular views of the city provided by Sunrise Overlook, one of the highest points in Hartford.