There's nothing nicer than a day in the park on a sunny day. At Elk Grove Regional Park there are plenty of different activities and sports to enjoy. Getting to Elk Grove Regional Park from Sacramento should take somewhere between 20 and 30 minutes by car and while you can get there by taking public transport, the journey will take you closer to 2 hours in total.
Things to Do
- Do you or your little ones love sports? There are plenty of different sporting activities available at the park. Feel like swinging a bat around? You can do so at either the softball or baseball fields. Pull on your cleats and have a few games of soccer at the park's dedicated soccer fields. Games like horseshoe available for you and the little ones to play.
- Plenty of different events take place on Strauss Island in the middle of the park's lake. Music lovers should make sure they check out what's happening in terms of concerts and performances.
- Take in a spot of swimming at the park's very own swim center.
- Why not go for a spot of fishing? If you or any members of your family love fishing, they can do so at Elk Grove Regional Park.
Elk Grove Regional Park Insider Tips
- The picnic areas can be reserved. If there are a good number of you going along then consider guaranteeing yourselves somewhere to eat by calling ahead to reserve a space in the shade.
- Dogs are allowed. Make sure your furry friends can join in the fun by bringing them along. Just make sure you pick up after them!