Emerald view park is the place to visit if you wish to view the finest sights of the Pittsburgh city. The park is scattered on an area of 257acres, and surrounds the scenic Mount Washington. This park connects several other historic parks, including Mount Washington park, Grand view park and Olympia park. The emerald park is free and open to public access. It is the fifth largest regional park in the city. Emerald view park is a perfect place for a family getaway.
Things to Do
- Many hiking and biking trails are available in the park, be ready to experience wilderness in the woods right in the heart of the city. You can catch scenic views of the city and the skyscrapers as you hike along the trails. Families can enjoy hiking on a good weather day, and get to view the beauty of the city and learn about conservation of natural resources.
- The park encompass an over 8 miles of trails for hiking. Children will love an open space for playing different outdoor games at the playgrounds. Families can have picnics at the park.
- Many fund-raising events are held at the park, the funds are used for the development of the park.
- Baseball fields, basketball courts, and soccer fields are accessible at the park.
- Free Saturday night movies are offered at the park.
- A traditional Italian festival, "St Rocco Italian Festival" offers a nice ambiance, good food and mesmerizing music.
Emerald view Park Insider Tips
- Don't forget to bring good walking shoes and sunscreen.
- Volunteer programs are offered for trail and park cleaning up.
- Visit the official website for more information on the events.