Emma Long Metropolitan Park is one of the largest municipal parks in Austin, Texas. It is located alongside Lake Austin and is named after Emma Long, the first woman to serve as Mayor Pro Tem of the city. In addition to its beautiful natural views, the park features several swimming areas, a fishing pier, a boat dock, volleyball and basketball courts, picnic facilities, and campsites that are especially popular in the summertime.
Things to Do
- Cool off in the summer by swimming along the shore of Lake Austin! There are several designated swimming areas where you can splash and play in the cool water.
- Bring along a tube to float in the water or a volleyball so that you can use the sand volleyball court.
- Go fishing! There is a popular fishing pier located by the water where you can fish.
- Explore the park by hiking along its trails, which cover approximately 12 miles of beautiful landscapes.
Emma Long Metropolitan Park Insider Tips
- Be prepared to pay an entry fee in order to visit the park, which is around $5 per car Monday through Thursday and $10 Friday through Sunday and holidays.
- Go camping at the park - it offers both primitive campsites and premium sites with water and electric hookups for between $10 and $25 per night.
- Bring along some food and have a picnic or a barbecue on the beach.
- Feel free to bring your dog along to explore the park with the rest of the family.