Emma Wood State Beach is a state park near Ventura, California which is known for its beautiful beach. The park is especially popular for swimming, surfing, fishing, and camping. It is known for its diverse wildlife, which includes great blue herons, songbirds, and dolphins, which are occasionally spotted in the waters near the shore. If you're looking for a somewhere to enjoy the warm California sun and have fun with your family, Emma Wood State Beach is an excellent option.
Things to Do
- Go fishing! The most frequently caught fish species in this area include bass, corbina, cabezon, and perch.
- Relax in the sun on the beach and cool off by swimming in the ocean.
- If you like to be more adventurous, try a new sport like surfing or windsurfing!
- Bring along a pair of binoculars and look out into the ocean to see if you can find any dolphins swimming nearby. The park also provides great views of the nearby Channel Islands.
Emma Wood State Beach Insider Tips
- Between mid-May and Labor Day you can camp at Emma Wood State Beach! It offers primitive campsites for vehicles right by the beach, but no tent camping is allowed.
- Get some exercise by going for a family bike ride on the park's bike trails.
- Don't forget your camera - you'll want to take photos of the picturesque beach and its ocean views.