The Enchanted Mansion Doll Museum is a non profit museum, set up to preserve the value of dolls as art. The museum is conveniently located next to stores and within a few minutes drive from Blue Bayou water park and LSU. The owner of the museum was actually an avid doll collector, and the collection grew to a point where they built a museum so members of the public can see them up close.
Things to Do
- See the exhibits - they have rotating exhibits which open and close every few months to rotate the collection. The collection you may see this month may be different a few months from now when you visit again.
- Have lemonade and cookies in the tea room after you're done visiting the exhibits - it's refreshing to have free snacks and look at all the pretty dolls in the collection.
- You can host your own party in the premises by booking your own tea room. It's like playing the tea party game, only in real life and with close friends and family!
Enchanted Mansion Doll Museum Insider Tips
- There is no photography allowed inside the museum but you can take a photo of you and your family together outside of the museum. They do have a gift shop within the premises though, so you can grab something that you may want to take home to reminisce your day out with the family.
- The dolls in the exhibit are of different types, not all are the pink faced angel-like dolls you're used to. Some are eccentric while others can be scary. Brief your kids about what to expect beforehand so as not to scare them or plan your route to skip some of the more scary and eccentric exhibits.