Ernie Miller Nature Center and park is located in Olathe, Kansas, it features a wonderful nature center, a 3 miles of trails for hiking, a gift shop and many fun activities. Over 170 species of birds can be spotted in the nature center that includes Osprey, hawks and falcons. The nature center also has a large stream aquarium, a bird feeding court, live animal exhibits and butterfly and hummingbird gardens. It is a great place for family recreation, plus an educational resource for the kids.
Things to Do
- Families can have a fun-filled day at the nature center and park, children will enjoy live animal exhibits of birds of prey and several amphibians. There are animal feeding courts and butterfly gardens. There are many animals at the nature center, including hawks, owls, snakes, rabbits, salamanders and fishes.
- Walking trails are amazing, you can spot several animals as you hike. Most of the trails are paved.
- Many interesting events are held at the nature center, such as, Animal tales that involves stories and songs for children in age group 2-6, Birding event that features live owls and a hike through the park, Kids and nature event for children in ages 6-12 that offers many interactive activities for the young naturalists, and many more events.
- Nature inspired birthday parties can be held at the nature center for kids in the age group of 4-10. Special themes for the birthday parties include birthday safari, snake celebration, magical party and enchanted forest. All these birthday parties will feature live animals selected by the staff.
- Families can have a picnic in the nature center park.
Ernie Miller nature center Insider Tips
- Visit the official website for a schedule of events.