Tour the Evan Williams Bourbon Experience, and learn through the life of Kentucky's first commercial distiller, Evan Williams, about the history of this liquor which is native to the bluegrass state.
You will be taken back in time to the late 18th century and shown how bourbon was made in the olden days and how it is made today in the distillery's copper pot stills.
For those over 21, the tour will conclude with a premium bourbon tasting.
Things to Do
- Relax in the old-style saloon and sample some of the distillery's premium bourbons.
- See the bourbon-making process first hand through the operating copper pot stills
- Explore the Retail Shop, which includes such items as personalized bottles of Evan Williams liquor.
- The guided tour features an operating Artisanal Distillery where you will not only learn the process for making Bourbon, but you will see it being made right before your eyes.
Evan Williams Bourbon Experience Insider Tips
- Tours last 45 minutes to an hour, with the last tour starting an hour prior to closing.
- It is recommended that you arrive 30 minutes before your tour begins.
- Visitors must be 21 or over to enter the tasting room where the tour ends, but all ages can participate in the rest of the tour.
- Discounts available for those under 21 and active military personnel. Children 10 and under are free.