Exhibit museum of natural history is owned by University of Michigan, it offers many exhibits and educational programs. The exhibit museum features a planetarium, displays of dinosaurs in Michigan, wildlife in Michigan, geology and other interesting exhibits. Many events, such as planetarium shows, discovery days, tours and science programs are offered at the exhibit museum.
Things to Do
- Exhibit museum of natural history is a great place to learn about wildlife and geology in Michigan, and important concepts of science, nature and evolution. Children will get both education and recreation, with much information to gain at the museum.
- Docent-led guided tours are available at the museum. Families can visit the museum on discovery days that are held twice annually. Discovery days feature many hands-on activities, live demonstrations, special guests and much more.
- There are permanent and rotating exhibits at the museum, permanent ones include, the hall of evolution that features fossils and models from prehistoric life. Anthropology galleries feature human cultures from around the world, and the Michigan wildlife gallery features wildlife in the Michigan area.
- Many interesting shows are held at the planetarium for the public, examine and explore the vastness of the space. Enjoy 3D projection of the objects in space onto the dome inside the planetarium.
- The on-going ice age scavenger hunt is a fun-family activity that highlights the exploration of the last ice age era.
- Birthday parties are offered for children in the ages of 4-10. The birthday parties feature a dinosaur theme and a space theme.
- The museum store stocks exclusive merchandise for the nature lovers, there are fossils, mineral specimens, rocks, books, t shirts, dinosaurs, stuffed animals, toys and jewelry and much more.
Exhibit Museum of Natural History Insider Tips
- Photos can be taken for personal use.
- Several discounts are available with membership.
- Restrooms are available.