Start your kids early on the road to discovering arts, science, and technology. Explora showcases interactive, hands-on displays that tickles the kids' imagination and allows them to explore and experiment on their own. This place is not only for kids as even adults find the experiential learning activities fun.
Things to Do
- Explore the exhibit areas such as Light Shadow Color where kids can experiment with light, optics, and color. Kids can have fun drawing geometric shapes at the Math Moves area. See gravity-defying beach balls and let kids learn about electricity and mechanical engineering concepts.
- Participate in educational events. There's Experiment Bar, a guided, hands-on experiment which focuses on a different science topic each time, and Toddler Time, a special program with story-telling and music-making for toddlers and their companions. Both activities come free with the admission ticket. Check the museum's calendar on their website for the schedule.
- There's a theater inside too! Watch science and art combined through live performances and full-length plays produced by Explora.
- Spend a night exploring science, without the kids. Explora also offers Adult Night for ages 18 and up. There are new topics and new activities each time. This comes with live entertainment and refreshments.
- Get to know real-life engineers and scientists from Albuquerque during Portal to the Public events. Ask them questions, join the experiments, and hear stories about their actual experiences on the field.
Explore Science Center and Children's Museum Insider Tips
- There are plenty of activities that come free with admission and should not be missed. Check Explora's calendar before going and schedule your trip around those times.