Combine a great keepsake idea with a fun and Fantastic Footprint Butterfly art project. When artfully painted and strategically placed on paper or canvas, your very own footprint remarkably resembles a gorgeous butterfly. These paintings make wonderful wall hangings, keepsakes and gifts. You can even make it a family affair and have a canvas full of every member on your family's feet.
- Acrylic Paint
- Paper, canvas or a flower pot
- Glitter ( optional)
- Black Paint Pen (Optional)
How to Make Them
- Squeeze paint onto a paper plate or cardboard palette. I recommend using multiple colors.
- Paint the soles of your child’s feet with the main color that you have selected, then add on accent colors. Do one foot at a time. It is important to note that to form the butterfly, the left foot should be printed on the right side and the right foot should be printed on the left side. The big toe should be on the outer edge on each side.
- If you are using canvas, lift up the canvas and place it against your child’s foot, gently pressing down each toe. You can also reach around the other side of the canvas and press the canvas from the other side to make sure you get a good print.
- If you are using paper, have your child step down flat on the paper, pressing gently on each part of the toes and feet to ensure a good print.
- Once you have the butterfly shape, add embellishments. We used a paint pen to draw antennae and a body down the middle of the butterfly.