Farmer Charley's Kackleberry Farm is a seasonal outdoor farm attraction located in Monroe, Michigan, approximately 40 minutes from Detroit by car. Each fall, this working farm features a variety of family-friendly attractions designed to introduce children and adults alike to the wonderful world of agriculture.
If you're looking for a place to spend a fun day in the countryside having fun without modern technology, take a trip to Farmer Charley's Kackleberry Farm! There are cornfield mazes where you can get lost together, plus fun events like pig races and the chance to visit Farmer Charley's friendly animals.
Things to Do
- Try one of Farmer Charley's three different corn mazes! These wheelchair-accessible mazes generally take under an hour to complete. If you love mazes and want more of a challenge, consider coming back one evening for a Flashlight Night event, when you can walk through the maze in the dark!
- Take the little ones to the Little Farmers Playland, which features fun toys for children under 5, or the Giant Sand Box if they love to dig!
- Check out the hilarious Pig Races in which Farmer Charley's pigs race around a small track, or pick your own pumpkins from Nana's Pumpkin Patch!
Farmer Charley's Kackleberry Farm Insider Tips
- For a truly memorable experience, try out the Chick-A-Bunga Pumpkin Cannon - for just $5 you can shoot three pumpkins!
- Thursday night is Family Night, when Farm Passes (which include most attractions) cost just $8. Other special offers include discounted Farm Passes for children the first hour the farm is open on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, and $1 off a Farm Pass when you bring a can of food or a church bulletin with you on Sunday.
- Don't forget to wear appropriate shoes - it's usually a good idea to wear closed-toe shoes so that your feet don't get muddy from the dirt paths if it has rained recently.