Create your own felt board and storage case. This craft is not only fun to make, but it will provide your youngster with hours of quiet time fun. It is convenient to store and great to take along for waiting rooms, restaurants, or simply used for at home play. Children will have the opportunity to learn about shapes and how those shapes relate to pictures while enjoying some much needed down time. As an added note, this is a great activity for an older child to make as a gift for a younger sibling, relative or friend, especially since some of the cutting may be advanced for some younger folks.
- Old DVD Case
- Stiff stick felt
How to Do It
- Cut the piece of stick sticky felt to the size of your chosen case and adhere it to the case.
- Get creative and trace a large "base face" circle or a few of them if you want different colors.
- Also trace different small shapes such as circles, half circles, triangles, squares, squares and ovals. ( these will be used to create facial features so size them accordingly and come up with some mouth shapes as well)
- With a little help from an adult, have your child carefully cut out the shapes with scissors.
- Stick the felt pieces onto the felted dvd case and use your imagination to create silly faces using the shapes provided.
- When finished, store the felt pieces flat in side the dvd case.