The Fitchburg Art Museum is a popular cultural institution in Fitchburg, Massachusetts, which is less than an hour's drive from Boston. Since 1925, the museum has provided the public with impressive exhibitions of art, including American art, photography, African art, and Greek and Roman art. It also showcases a fascinating collection of Egyptian art in an interactive gallery that is a favorite of visitors young and old.
Things to Do
- Explore the museum's current exhibitions, which feature everything from paintings to photography.
- Visit the Ancient Egypt Gallery, which showcases ancient Egyptian artifacts in an interactive exhibit that includes a tomb that children can climb through and a hieroglyph decoding activity.
- Attend a studio art class or workshop at the museum - they're offered for both children and adults throughout the year.
Fitchburg Art Museum Insider Tips
- Check out the museum's list of Tips for Families, including gallery activities such as word games and color hunts to help encourage your child to take a closer look at the artwork.
- Don't miss the Learning Lounges, special spaces that contain family-friendly activities related to the themes of various exhibitions throughout the museum.
- Admission is always free for children 12 and under! The museum also offers free admission for all visitors from 3:00 until 7:00 p.m. on the first Thursday of every month.