Add some pizazz to practicing flashcards and math facts by experimenting with Fizzy Math! Addition, subtraction, multiplication and division just got a whole lot more exciting! Kids of all ages will have fun with this interesting math game as it can be tweaked to the kind of math practice level that best suits them.
- Paper and writing utensil and flashcards if desired
- Masking tape
- Squirt bottle
- Baking soda
How to Play
- Tape math problems to the driveway ( this can also be done with chalk, but you will need to use paper and pen to write the answers on separate sheets of paper.)
- Tape hand written answers on paper about a foot and a half below the math problems.
- You can scatter these all around the driveway.
- Pour enough baking soda over the answers.
- Fill a squirt bottle with vinegar.
- Run from math problem to math problem and guess the answer.
- Squirt the baking soda covered answers with vinegar.
- The chemical reaction will bubble away and reveal the answers.
- Another variation is to have the child write the answers down and place them next to the answer key. At the end they can check their answers with the vinegar squirt bottle. That way it resembles some of the fifty facts quizzes