Flipper Finders Boat & Sea Kayak Tour Co. can be found on Folly Beach to the south of Charleston. As their name suggest this company specialize in spotting flippers, otherwise known as Atlantic Bottle Nose Dolphins. They run a selection of kayak and boating tours during which you may also seashore birds, sharks, turtles, crabs and starfish. These tours are open to all ages and skill levels.
Things to Do
- Flipper Finders offer three different kayak tours, each of which give you the chance to head out into theSouth Carolina estuaries surrounding Charleston and Folly Beach in your very own rented kayak.
- They have a daytime guided tour, a popular sunset tour and a special full moon tour. Each of these tours are accompanied by a guide who will point out the local wildlife and explain the areas natural and human history to visitors. There is a limit of 12 people in each kayak group.
- There are 3 boating tours to choose from also. There is a sunset tour and a daytime tour which goes in search of dolphins. Both of these tours are BYOB. There is also an excursion out to the historic and uninhabited Morris Island.
- Once you arrive you can take a bike to cycle around the island at your own leisure. The boat needs a minimum of 4 people to go out.
Flipper Finders Boat & Sea Kayak Tour Co. Insider Tips
- For all their tours Flipper Finders recommend that you bring flip flops, a bathing suit, sunblock, water and your family!
- Also be sure not to forget your camera. The area around Folly Beach is beautiful and is particularly impressive during the Sunset Tour when the light is perfect for some fabulous photos.