For 20 years the Florida Aquarium has been a must-see sight for those living in and around Tampa as well as for those who are just visiting. There are plenty of exhibits with more than just sea creatures and fish, there are also concessions, places to eat, and play areas for the kids to run around in.
Things to Do
- Let the kids play in the water adventure zone, Explore A Shore.
- If you have really young children, take them to Shipwreck Shore, a play area for toddlers.
- Find out more about Florida's own habitats with the Wetlands Trail. This exhibit takes visitors on a journey through the Florida wetlands all without leaving the aquarium. There are more than just fish here! Visitors will see over 30 different species of bird as well as alligators!
- Feel like seeing something other than sea creatures? The Aquarium's Journey to Madagascar exhibit teaches you about the native wildlife. Since the majority of Madagascar's wildlife are unique to the island, you can expect to see some really fascinating creatures!
- Experience fine examples of the life inhabiting Florida's extensive coastline. At the Bays and Beaches you and your little ones should look out for one of the aquarium's largest fish which weighs in at over 300 pounds!
- Take in one of the aquarium's shows. There are plenty of shows throughout the day. Check the schedule to see what's going on.
Florida Aquarium Insider Tips
- Check discount and coupon websites for deals and save some money!
- Make sure to find out about what's going on at the Florida Aquarium by checking out their events page.