Making your own paint is half of the fun as the artwork you will create when you use this recipe for making your own Flour Based Finger Paint. Finger painting is messy and fun for all ages to enjoy and is very relaxing and great for sensory play. I find with my own children that when it comes to materials getting onto their skin, I feel better making it myself and knowing what is in it.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons table salt
- 1 1/4 cups hot water
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- Wire whisk
- Small containers with lids
- Food coloring or powdered tempera paint
How to Make It
- Measure and pour flour and table salt in saucepan.
- Add cold water and beat well with whisk until it is nice and smooth.
- Add hot water and bring to a rolling boil until the mixture is thickened.
- Beat again with wire whisk until smooth.
- Pour into small sealable containers.
- Color as desired with food coloring or powdered tempera paint.
- Store in a sealed container and refrigerate.