Turn a simple footprint into a work of art that kids will love to make and you will cherish forever. If you use your imagination, you will see that the shape of your foot can be transformed into lots of different things. In this painting project we will focus on footprint vehicle paintings. We made a tractor, a race car, a dump truck and a fire engine. It is so much fun to take something ordinary and turn it into something extraordinary.
How to Make Them
- Use your paintbrush to paint the color that you want the body of your vehicle to be onto the bottom of your foot.
- Lay a piece of paper vertically on the floor and step onto the center of the paper.
- Turn the paper horizontally and allow it to dry.
- Study the footprint and envision whether the heels or toes will be the front or back of your vehicle. See some of the photos above for more clarity.
- When the footprint is dry, use your paintbrush to add wheels characteristic of the vehicle that you are creating. For instance a tractor might have the heel to the front, a small wheel in the front and a large wheel in the back.
- Add other accessories to the vehicles to make them identifiable. Again, use the photos above for inspiration as needed.