The Fort Marcy Playground and Recreation Center provides all the facilities you need to have a fun and active day out with your family. For an affordable price you can use the complex which provides a swimming pool, a playground, sports fields and an indoor gymnasium. As long as you are ok with working up a sweat on your day out then this should make a great destination for a trip!
Things to Do
- A bunch of different classes and activities take place every week at the Center's swimming pool. You can head along at one of the designated times for a lap swim or simply go for a recreational trip.
- If you are looking to get fit there is Aqua Aerobics and Aqua Zumba while if your little one is looking to learn how to swim they can can do so at one of the lessons given for different age groups.
- It is possible to rent the facilities at Fort Marcy. The Community Room can be rented for giving classes in fitness, dance and self-defense. The indoor gymnasium can similarly be rented by the public by either the half court or the full court.
Fort Marcy Playground & Recreation Center Insider Tips
- Remember that there is no alcohol or smoking allowed in the complex and that no food or drink is allowed past the indoor lobby. However you can bring along a lunch and have it outside where there is a large structure which provides shade and groupings of picnic tables.
- The entire complex is closed on Sundays.