Open every day of the year the Fort Worth Zoo is among the best zoos in the South. It is home to thousands of animals from the States and throughout the world. The Zoo runs various conservation projects and also organizes educational programs to instruct the public on how to treat and respect animals and their habitats. They also aim to give every visitor a fun time that they won't forget in a hurry so if that's what you are looking for you know where to go!
Things to Do
- The Zoo has twelve permanent exhibition areas. Included in these are the Museum of Living Art, essentially a grand 30,000 square foot reptile and amphibian house that is home to hundreds of different species, and exhibits on primates, penguins, cheetahs, meerkats and more.
- You can sign your kid up for the Zoo's summer camp which runs for ten weeks from June to August. Each week has its own theme and set of activities to be enjoyed. You can sign your child up for as many as you like, from one to the full ten!
Fort Worth Zoo Insider Tips
- A fun way to support the Fort Worth Zoo is to adopt one of their animals. You can pay for the upkeep of one of their resident animals for a full year and in the process become the adoptive parent of an exotic animal!
- Plan your visit for a Wednesday to receive half price admission into the Zoo.
- Fort Worth Zoo regularly advertise employment opportunities on their website. For an explanation of their open positions check out their vacancies page.