The Founders Plaza at Dallas/Fort Worth International airport is a favorite attraction for the kids and aviation enthusiasts and students. The observation area at the founders plaza gives great views of different types of aircraft taking off and landing. The Founders Plaza Plane observation park is open daily to visitors from 7 AM to 7 PM. It features large telescopes for viewing, picnic area, a commemorative monument, and air traffic control radio's live broadcast.
Things to Do
- Founders plaza is a great place to watch planes, kids will enjoy watching planes landing and taking off. You can also hear live broadcast from the ATC tower on a speaker.
- Get a fantastic view of planes on the North side of DFW airport, see a variety of planes including American Airlines, Alaskan Airlines, British Airways, US Air, Delta, Lufthansa and many others.
- Get the binoculars for free to enjoy a more up-close look of the planes.
- There are some awesome sculptures, monuments and plaques on-site that tell history of the airport.
- The vast grassy area lets children play in the open all day long.
- There is a nice picnic area with tables and shade, bring some lunch and enjoy your day.
The Founders Plaza Plane Observation park Insider Tips
- Restrooms are not available.
- Plenty of convenient parking is available.