Fountain Square is the heart of cultural activities in Downtown Cincinnati, Ohio, this city square was founded in 1871. Fountain square is a symbolic landmark in Cincinnati, it has a centrally located fountain, the Tyler Davidson fountain in the square that was built by businessman Henry Probasco. Fountain square has now become a cultural hub, it has many restaurants, shops, hotels and offices. Many events are held in the fountain square through out the year, movies, concerts, festivals, seasonal ice rink and games attract many visitors to the fountain square all through the year. The fountain square is a cool place to bring children and learn the history, and enjoy the events and festivals.
Things to Do
- The fountain being the central point of the square instantly garners attention, the water from the bronze and granite fountain can be used for drinking.
- The ice rink on the square is open January to February, skate rentals, benches, lockers and concessions are available during skating season.
- Enjoy a variety of music concerts in the Summer, P&G music stage, LED video board featuring announcements, sports, news and entertainment.
- Children can play in the fountain in the Summer. The fountain square features a beautiful landscape featuring many plants and flowers.
- Many restaurants and coffee shops in the square including, Panera, Starbucks, Chipotle, potbelly sandwich works, Ingredients, Morton's and Palomino.
- The square features an extensive parking garage.
Fountain Square Insider Tips
- Public restrooms are available.
- Free WIFI is available.