Fourth Ward Park is a 3-acre urban park located in the Fourth Ward of Charlotte, North Carolina, a historic district which is known for the beautiful Victorian homes that line its streets. While the park's main features are its walking trails and extensive green spaces, it also has a playground and decorative fountains that are popular with young visitors. If you're looking for a tranquil space to enjoy some fresh air and exercise, it's a great place to visit.
Things to Do
- Go for a leisurely family walk along the park's winding walking trails.
- Take your little one to spend some time making new friends at the playground.
- Stop by the decorative water fountains on the edge of the park, which often fascinate young visitors.
- Bring along a frisbee, ball, or kite to play with in the park's vast green spaces.
Fourth Ward Park Insider Tips
- Don't forget to bring along a camera so that you can take photos while enjoying the spectacular views of uptown Charlotte from the north end of the park.
- Dogs are welcome in the park too, so feel free to bring them along on your family walk.
- Keep an eye out for the whimsical birdhouses that can be found along the walking paths.
- When you're done exploring the park consider visiting ImaginOn, a nearby learning center that features a children's library and multimedia workstations.