The Westcott House is a Prairie Style home that was designed by famous American architect Frank Lloyd Wright. This beautiful home was built in 1908 in Springfield, Ohio for the family of Burton J. Westcott, an important citizen and businessman. Visitors to this architectural gem can explore the entire complex, which consists of the main house, the garage, the gardens, and a pergola. If your family is interested in architecture, then the only Frank Lloyd Wright house of this kind in Ohio is a must-visit attraction.
Things to Do
- Take the docent-guided tour of the house to learn all about the fascinating design features that Frank Lloyd Wright included in the home.
- Once you've explored inside, head outside to visit the lily pond, the gardens, and the beautiful pergola with a wooden trellis that connects the garage to the main house.
- Learn about the future of architecture and sustainable design by taking a tour of the Solar House that is located on the property.
Frank Lloyd Wright's Westcott House Insider Tips
- If you want to ensure that you can tour the house on a specific day, call in advance to make a reservation. Learn more about how to make reservations here.
- View the events calendar to learn about special exhibitions, parties, and tours that your family can attend.
- Take your child to the Westcott House to take part in one of their summer youth programs, which encourage children of all ages to design, create, build, and learn while working on projects related to architecture, photography, and digital videography.