Head out into the great outdoors at Plymouth's French Regional Park. Found on the North Shore of Medicine Lake this is an ideal location if you are into canoeing or kayaking. You can also swim and sail in the lake while the park itself has play areas for kids, plenty of spots for a lovely family picnic and numerous trails for bikers, joggers and walkers to explore.
Things to Do
- The Park is home to an Outdoor Recreation School. This is a great place to bring your thrill seeking teenagers. The school has a number of hands-on adventure activities to avail of. They host cross country skiing, orienteering, archery, rock climbing and regional trails for biking.
- During the winter lights are set up around the park's sliding hills and along their cross country skiing routes for visitors.
- At the beach in the summer months you can play volleyball, water polo, basketball or have a big BBQ! A rope maze is also set up to be enjoyed during the summer months.
- For younger kids there is a creative play area in the park. There is also a climbing and play area next to the main visitor's building.
French Regional Park Insider Tips
- There is a free tram to the park open from Memorial Day until Labor Day.
- Details of the Bassett Creek Trail and the Medicine Lake Trail can be found online. Hike the trails in the Fall to enjoy the change in colors.
- At the Park's Visitors Center you can rent out GPS systems. These systems can only be used in the park and you must return them to the Center before you leave. You need a picture I.D to check them out.