The Fresno Art Museum is located in the heart of Fresno, California. It features a diverse selection of exhibitions, programs, and activities that encourage the public to appreciate and create art. Its collections focus on modern and contemporary American art in the form of paintings, sculptures, prints, photographs, and media, as well as Pre-Columbian art from areas throughout the Americas. It's a wonderful attraction for families that want to introduce their children to art and foreign cultures.
Things to Do
- Explore the permanent collections - they feature Pre-Columbian artifacts from cultures that lived in Mexico and the Andes, including fascinating ceramic vessels and beautiful handwoven textiles.
- Make the most of your visit by taking a guided tour of the museum.
- Attend a Family Day event! The museum's free Family Days feature fun and educational activities that help families to learn more about art, culture, and the world. They take place three times each year.
Fresno Art Museum Insider Tips
- Check out the museum's calendar see the schedule of lectures, performances, film showings, trips, and special events like their annual Men Who Cook event.
- Visit the museum's website to learn more about current and upcoming exhibitions, which feature all kinds of different artwork related to various themes.
- When you're finished looking at all the beautiful and inspiring artwork, consider visiting other local attractions in Fresno - you can see the museum's list of suggestions here.
- Want to learn more about the art? Borrow an audio tour set to listen to detailed information on the Pre-Columbian collections, artwork by Diego Rivera, and the sculpture garden.