Friendship Fountain is one of Jacksonville's most popular landmark. The fountain is located at the Museum Circle across the Museum of Science and History, towards the West End of the Southbank Riverwalk. It was the largest fountain in the world when it opened in 1995.
Things to Do
- Visit the fountain, feel the breeze, and enjoy views of the downtown area and of the nearby bridges. The best time to come is during the sunset. Catch the sunset as it casts beautiful hues at the waters of St. John's River. The fountain area is a favorite place of photographers to take good shots of the downtown skyline.
- Bring snacks on a warm afternoon and go on a picnic with with the family. There are plenty of areas to sit on. There are picnic tables and drinking fountains in the area. Choose a spot with a nice view of the river.
- Watch the fountain as the lights go up at night. Make sure to bring a camera to take wonderful night photos. Music might be playing on some nights too!
- Go biking or use the paved path for running.
- Ride the ferry and cross the river to the other side of the bank.
Friendship Fountain Insider Tips
- The fountain area is a good place to stop by after visiting the museum or after having lunch in the restaurants nearby.