The Frisco Discovery Center located right off the Dallas Parkway is devoted to cultivating arts and culture for the local Texas community and sharing it with visitors from all over. Frisco Discovery Center touches on all of the creative bases, including theater performances, interactive sci-fi displays, and evolving art exhibits that showcase local and renowned artists worldwide.
Events at the Frisco Discovery Center change every month, so stay up to date by visiting their website and make sure to plan your trip around whichever featured showcase you and your family want to see and experience together.
Things to Do
- Black Box Theater - This theater has all the modern amenities and can seat up to 120 people; Enjoy a local production, children's production, improv show, or even use it to host a birthday party or business luncheon. Shows change monthly, so check the calendar for your favorite performances
- Art Gallery - The Frisco Art Gallery is family-friendly and laidback; Exhibits are ever-changing and range from photography, still life, sculpture and more; Field trip tours are available and the space can be rented to host events and parties
- Sci-Tech Discovery Center - As an adjunct to the Frisco Discovery Center, the Sci-Tech center gives visitors a hands-on experience with math, science, and technology in order to inspire creativity; Activities include a weather station, widget wall (where you can make your own mini roller coaster), bubble tables, and full-scale displays of nano technology; There is a special area for Pre-School Children and even a special story time and adventure time for the young ones.
- Field Trips + Birthday Parties - The gallery, the theater, and the Sci-Tech Discovery Center can each be rented out to host your birthday or business party or event
Frisco Insider Tips
- For adults and older children, the Improv Players show in the Black Box Theater is a must-see.
- Every holiday season, Frisco Discovery Center hosts The Polar Express Pajama Party in December, giving children and their families a chance to meet Santa and enjoy a stage show and a movie. There is also food, Christmas cookies, face-painting, and winter games.