Fryer Park is a 110-acre public park in Grove City, Ohio which is a short drive from downtown Columbus. This expansive park features a beautiful wooded nature area with hiking trails that is great for bird watching. It also has eight softball diamonds, numerous sports fields, a popular sledding hill, a recreational trail for runners and cyclists, a fishing lake, and a space-themed playground. In addition, it is home to Century Village, a historic site with a one-room schoolhouse, a barn, and a log cabin that visitors can explore. If you're looking for a place to spend the day in the great outdoors, head to Fryer Park for a fun-filled day surrounded by nature!
Things to Do
- Spend the morning fishing! You don't need a license to fish at Rotary Lake, but it is required that you release your fish immediately after catching them.
- Visit Century Village and imagine what life was like at the turn of the century as you visit its historic log cabin, one-room schoolhouse, and barn.
- Take your child to Discovery Frontier, the park's all-accessible playground. This exciting space-themed play area features telescopes, a spaceship, and plenty of toys to climb and swing on.
Fryer Park Insider Tips
- Don't miss the chance to speed down one of the area's best slopes in the wintertime - Fryer Park is known for its wonderful sledding hill.
- Get some exercise by going for a family nature hike in the woods. Make sure to bring along a pair binoculars to help you view all the fascinating birds that live there!
- Bring along some food and have a relaxing picnic by the lake as you enjoy its scenic views.