Create this fun polymer of Flubber and use it to blow interesting bubbles that you can hold in your hand. Flubber is a scientific polymer which means that it takes the shape of the container you put it in like a liquid, but you can pick it up like a solid. The consistency of this concoction reminded me so much of a product we had when I was a kid which was along the lines of plastic bubbles. We had a lot of fun trying this same bubble blowing technique with our flubber.
- 1 cup Elmers White Glue
- 1/2 Cup lukewarm water
- 1/2 Cup Liquid Starch
- Glitter or food coloring (optional)
- A bowl and a spoon
How to Make and Play
- Mix your school glue and lukewarm water together into a bowl.
- Stir until it is well distributed and mixed into a smooth consistency.
- Add some glitter or food coloring or both if desired.
- Next, add this mixture to the liquid starch in a new bowl.
- Use your hands to combine the ingredients mixing well.
- Keep mixing the flubber with your hands for a few minutes.
- Pinch off a small chunk of flubber and grab a straw.
- Place the flubber over one end of a straw, wrapping the edges of the chunk of flubber and pinch it tightly around the straw.
- Blow into the straw to form flubber bubbles. If they tear, just start again,
- Store flubber in a sealed container or baggy for about a week.