Create fun and adorable stick people from broken branches and sticks that are outside in your back yard. Set the kids out on an expedition to pick up sticks on the lawn and your a sure to find some sticks with character. Children of all ages will enjoy transforming backyard scraps into quirky stick people that are fun to make, play with, and keep around as accents for a while.
- Broken branches about 1-3 inches in diameter
- Glue Gun
- Googly eyes
- Optional: paint, buttons, sequins, pipecleaner
How to Make Them
- Go outside and hunt for some quirky and unique sticks like the ones shown above. Plain sticks are fine too, but you will find more smiles from the unique sticks.
- Use your imagination to envision a your stick as a person or character and mentally plan out the layout of the physical features for your stick person.
- Wrap and glue fabric around the torso and the lower extremities as a shirt and pants or even a dress. You can also glue on accessories like buttons and sequins or add a pipecleaner belt. The decoration possibilities are endless.
- Glue 2 googly eyes to the face of your stick person unless you are making an alien or a monster and you can try out as many eyes as you like!
- Cut felt for a nose and a mouth and glue in the appropriate spots.