If you are looking for a way to cool off on a hot summer day when the temperatures are at their peak, add this Funtastic Frozen Clothing Race to your activity list. Surprise your school aged children and adults too with this uncoventional dress up relay race using frozen clothing.
Frozen clothing requires some maneuvering in order to open it up and put it on because it is stiff and cold. That is what adds to the fun and what a refreshing bonus there is when that frozen outfit is put on on a hot summer afternoon.
- An oversized tee shirt for each person
- Cookie Sheet
- Parchment paper
How to Play
- The night before your activity, dip your oversized t shirts into some water.
- Fold each of the clothing items up.
- Place these clothing items onto a cookie sheet separating them in layers with parchment paper so they don't stick together.
- Slide the tray into the freezer and freeze at least overnight.
- On the day of the race, remove the clothing from the freezer and place a folded frozen t-shirt on the ground in front of each player.
- When someone signals a start time, all players should try to unfold the t- shirts and put them on over the shirt that they are wearing. It is not nearly as easy as it sounds and is certain to cool everyone off and add lots of laughter to your day.