Recycle those cardboard paper tubes and add some simple craft supplies to create these fun and stylish fuzzy bracelets. This activity is great for keeping little hands busy. Children will have a sense of accomplishment after create their very own fashionable accessories, requiring very little help from adults in most cases. Resist the urge to use glittered pipe cleaners for this craft, as the texture is much scratchier and might be more uncomfortable rubbing against the skin. Have fun accessorizing!
Materials You Will Need
- 6 Chenille Stemmed Pipe Cleaners ( not glittered)
- 10 Pony Beads
- 1 Toilet Paper Tube
- Tacky Glue
How It Is Made
- Use scissors to cut a one inch wide ring from a toilet paper tube. Cut the ring open on one side.
- Begin at the inside edge of the opening, wrap the chenille stem tightly around the cardboard 6 times, string a pony bead onto the stem and keep wrapping. String another bead every other time that you wrap the stems around the tube. Be sure to string the beads so that they land on the outside of the bracelet rather than on the inside.
- During this process, when you reach the end of a stem, simply twist another one onto the first one and keep wrapping. Repeat this process until the tube is completely covered in pipe cleaner.
- Secure the ends with a dab of glue and clip a clothespin on each end until the glue is completely dry.