Gallup Park is a 69-acre public park that is one of the most popular recreation areas in the city of Ann Arbor, Michigan. It is located alongside the beautiful Huron River that eventually empties into Lake Erie downstream, and also contains Geddes Pond, a gorgeous body of water that is surrounded by walking paths.
Escape the hustle and bustle of the city and marvel in the beauty of the great outdoors at Gallup Park. It's the perfect place to do family-friendly activities such as canoeing, going for a bike ride, playing frisbee, or having a picnic.
Things to Do
- Check out the playgrounds! Gallup Park has two great playgrounds that provide tons of fun play space for small children.
- Bike, walk, run, or rollerblade with your family around the park's 3 miles of paved trails - there are plenty of benches and drinking fountains around for when you need a break.
- Visit the Gallup Park Canoe Livery, where you can rent kayaks, paddleboats, canoes, and rowboats to take out on the Huron River. The prices are very reasonable, especially since they charge per boat and not per person!
Gallup Park Insider Tips
- Bring along a picnic to enjoy in the beautiful Michigan sunshine! The park has several picnic areas that have grills if you want to have a summer barbecue, as well as two picnic shelters.
- If you didn't bring along any food, stop by the coffee shop at the Gallup Park Canoe Livery - it sells ice cream, coffee, and other delicious snacks. You can even enjoy your food from a patio overlooking the Huron River!
- Bring along a soccer ball or a frisbee so the kids can get some exercise and have fun while running around the park's large playing field.