GameWorks is a small chain of family entertainment venues that feature a bar and a gaming area. GameWorks Tempe, located just a few miles outside of Phoenix in neighboring Tempe, Arizona, is a popular local family attraction.
If you're looking for a place near Phoenix where you can dine as a family and have fun, then visit GameWorks Tempe! It has 12 big-screen televisions that sports fans can use to watch the big game as well as great music and over 200 different arcade games that will keep the kids busy for hours.
Things to Do
- Play a game as a family - two of GameWorks' most popular family-friendly games are Giant Jenga and Giant Connect Four.
- Large groups with older children should try Out Run II SP Deluxe, an exciting 8-person racing challenge which involves forming teams and competing against each other.
- Sit and watch your favorite team play on one of the big-screen televisions at the bar while your teen enjoys competing in the Basketball Free Throw Challenge with their friends.
GameWorks Insider Tips
- Bring along a camera - if you're lucky you might spot Sonic the Hedgehog, the GameWorks mascot, who is always happy to pose for photos with fans of all ages.
- If you visit GameWorks Tempe between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. on a weekday, you can take advantage of their $7 lunch menu. Every delicious item on the menu costs just $7, plus you get a free 30-minute game card to use in the arcade!
- Check out the deals page on the GameWorks Tempe website to learn more about special discounts such as happy hour, half-priced Monday, and $5 family day.