The Garden State Discovery Museum is a children's museum located in Cherry Hill, New Jersey, which is just 10 miles away from Philadelphia. It features over 20 hands-on exhibits designed for children under the age of 10 that focus on topics related to science, art, careers, and much more. Your child is sure to have a blast as you explore a replica of the Jersey shore, view a miniature version of the Philadelphia Flyers' hockey rink, dig for dinosaur bones, and learn about healthy eating at the farmer's market.
Things to Do
- Explore the Dinosaurium, where you can climb inside of a Tyrannosaurus rex skeleton and dig for dinosaur fossils!
- Take your little one to the Little Discoveries Barnyard, a special area for children under 4 that is full of farm-themed toys.
- Visit the Wildlife Area, where you can see a live animal show and view animals like turtles, tarantulas, and scorpions!
- Check out the Flyers Mini-Rink, where you can improve your hockey skills and pretend to be a hockey commentator.
Garden State Discovery Museum Insider Tips
- View their calendar to learn about upcoming events like Movie Mondays, Trivia Tuesdays, and holiday celebrations at the museum.
- Save money on your next visit by checking out their special deals, including free admission on your child's birthday.
- Consider having your child's next birthday party at the museum, complete with themed activities and the use of a special party room.