Atlanta's Georgia Aquarium claims to be "the world's most magical aquarium." This is high billing indeed however with a huge range of exhibits for all ages, a 3D theater various programs for children and teens and events year round the Aquarium makes a good case for itself as the ultimate Aquarium experience. There is an incredible wealth of sea life here which makes the Aquarium a place in which to learn as well as be entertained.
Things to Do
- The Aquarium as a lot to offer the little ones. There is an animal guide complete with fact sheets and pictures where they can learn all about the amazing creatures that live at the Aquarium. They can tune into webcams where it is possible to watch Beluga Whales and African Penguins.
- Their Camp H2O hosts summer, winter and spring break camps and the Aquarium is also available for birthday parties.
- There are opportunities for teen volunteers and you can even adopt your own whale shark!
- At the Georgia Aquarium you get the once in a lifetime chance to dive with some of the most amazing sea creatures on our planet. On their Journey with Gentle Giants Immersion Program you can suit up in a wet suit and dive with whale sharks, manta rays and other creatures.
Georgia Aquarium Insider Tips
- Make sure while you are in that part of time to check out the Centennial Olympic Park and the Coca Cola Exhibit which are both nearby.
- Make no mistake that this is a big facility so give yourself plenty of time to see all the exhibits and shows to ensure you get your money's worth.