Offering a whole range of retail options, restaurants and a hotel Ghirardelli Square provides options for all ages. The building in which all of this is housed has a fascinating history stretching back to the late 1800's when it housed a chocolate factory. A great number of events take place here through out the year so it is worth taking a look at their website ahead of your visit to see if anything is on.
Things to Do
- Take your kids to Lola's Toy Stop which offers a large selection of toys for all ages.
- There is regular live music on, typically with two acts playing every day.
- Ghirardelli Square is the perfect place to get a good view of the parade of ships and planes for October's Fleet Week.
- Other great family events that take place during the year include their April Ghirardelli Goes Green Festival and also their Easter Festival, their Chocolate Festival in September, the lighting of the Menorah in November and their lighting of the Christmas Tree, also at the end of November.
Ghirardelli Square Insider Tips
- If your kids have been good throughout the day why not treat them at the Ghirardelli Ice Cream & Chocolate Shop which regularly has deals on their mouth-watering chocolates and delicious ice creams.
- If the adults want to enjoy the retail and culinary delights alone then they can drop their kids off at the Peekadoodle Kids Club. Membership is required to use their facilities but they do offer short term and one day services to visitors. You can call ahead or email them to find out more. Find their contact details here.