The possibilities are limitless!
Glen Canyon Park is located in the Diamond Heights neighborhood of central San Francisco. Boasting nearly a century of public history as a park and recreation facility, this hidden beauty presents visitors with endless opportunities to interact with nature, play with friends, and walk pets, all for free.
Things to Do
- The George Christopher Playground is newly renovated (2013), and a wonderful area for children to have fun.
- Go for a hike along one of the many hiking trails. Leashed dogs are allowed as well.
- Play catch at one of the two baseball fields, or enjoy a tennis match at the courts.
- Take a self guided tour offered inside of the brochures offered at the recreation center. Many species of plants and animals can be found and admired throughout the park.
- Visit the Activities Listing page to find information on classes offered for all ages through the recreation center.
Glen Canyon Insider Tips
- Parking is free and plentiful along the streets, however be sure to bring strollers for small children as you may need to walk a short distance to your destination within the park.
- The park has family friendly recreation facilities, including clean restrooms.
- Make sure to take a brochure at the recreation center! It will help you to discover all that the park has to offer to visitors.
- The Friends of Glen Canyon Park offer monthly habitat protection and gardening volunteer opportunities for all interested. Visit the main website for further details on all opportunities and information.