Ever wanted to take a Safari Tour without having to travel the continents? Global Wildlife Center provides you with such opportunity of coming up-close to many animals that roam freely in the wildlife center. The 900-acre Global wildlife Center in Folsom, Louisiana is home to over 4,000 animals, including many endangered and threatened animal species from around the world. The wildlife preservation center is one of its kind in the country, allowing you to come up-close to free-roaming animals living in their natural environment, unlike a zoo. See Zebras, giraffes, camels, ostriches, bison, and many other animals that can be fed from the vehicles on the Safari tour. See and meet the beautiful animals with your family, the children would enjoy the activity a lot. Get to see baby giraffes and baby deer, tours are open every day of the week and all year round.
Things to Do
- Safari tour is a great way to meet the beautiful animals, meet the giraffes and their babies, they love to be fed from the feed cup.
- Meet the Zebra's, Zebras are quite aggressive at times so don't try feeding them. Meet the exotic red Kangaroos from Australia and the Pere David Deer herd from China.
- See the almost extinct Horned Oryx, these animals once roamed the Sahara desert.
- The guided Safari wagon tours last for 1.5 hours and are very informative, you can buy feed for the animals before the start of the tour.
- If you want more than the wagon Safari tour, take the Private Pinz Tour that is great for the families. The Pinz will give you a more intimate tour and more photo opportunities.
- Visit the gift shop at the end of your tour and shop for clothing, toys, gifts, mugs, safari masks and souvenirs.
- Food and a covered picnic area are available.
- Tours are weather dependent, so do check for weather updates.
Global Wildlife Center Insider Tips
- Try getting as early as possible in the Summer days.
- You can bring drinks.