The Goat Farm Arts Center is an innovative arts-friendly community that houses a fantastic variety of art and performance groups along with science and tech start-ups, a cafe and a number of auditoriums and venues. Contemporary arts groups are particularly well represented with dance performances, film screenings and art exhibitions taking place regularly. In total there is space for over 450 individuals regardless of their focus. This lends the Center a great mix of cultural happenings going on simultaneously.
Things to Do
- In total there are five performance spaces at the Center. Three of these, The Goodson Yard, The Rodriguez Room and Robert's Hoard, are inside. Two more venues, Village Green and Dovetail, are placed outside. Between the five you can expect to see classical and contemporary music performances along with contemporary dance performances.
- You should also keep an eye out for traditional and experimental theatrical performances that take place throughout the year.
- Regardless of the time you visit you should try to stop into the Center's café. It is impressively designed with great period detail and provides a comfortable place to sit and relax. The coffee is great too!
Goat Farm Arts Center Insider Tips
- The building in which the Center is housed has a long and storied history stretching back to the late 1800's. It has been used as a cotton mill and as a large antique's dealership. During the Second World War it was a munitions factory. The grand 19th century design adds an added feeling of history and culture to the activities going on here.
- Free parking is available at the Center.