Take a nostalgic trip down memory lane and bring back an old favorite craft to share with your own children. The God's Eye craft is fun to create and display when it is complete. Young crafters likely won't want to stop at just making one, so keep the supplies handy for them to access. They may even want to make larger ones with sticks that they find outside. As you get the hang of this process, get more daring with your color changes to create spectacular designs.
- Popsicle Sticks
- Assorted colors of Yarn
- Craft Jewels ( optional)
- Hot Glue Gun
How to Make It
- Use your hot glue gun to attach your sticks together in the shape of an X.
- Tie a piece of yard around the center of the X and knot it.
- Flip the X over to keep the knot on the back side of your God'e Eye.
- Hold one of the popsicle sticks in one hand.
- Loop the yarn down to the right and up around t he stick that is on the right side.
- Rotate the stick to the left by 45 degrees.
- Continue working the yarn in this manner around the sticks until you run out of yarn.
- Add more yarn by tying the next strand to the end of the strand in progress and facing the knot toward the back side of the project. Continue wrapping until you fill the desires amount on the stick structure.
- When you are finished, tie the yarn off on the back of the God's Eye.
- Embellish with craft jewels or sequence by using a glue gun if desired.