Goleta Beach Park is a Santa Barbara County park in Goleta, which is just a short drive from the city of Santa Barbara. This 29-acre public park is known for its beautiful sandy beach and its long fishing pier. It also provides paved cycling trails, picnic areas with barbecues, a playground, volleyball courts, horseshoe pits, seasonal lifeguards, and dining options that include a restaurant and a cafe. All of these features have made Goleta Beach the most popular Santa Barbara County Park.
Things to Do
- Stretch out on the sand and soak up some sun or go swimming in the ocean.
- Gather some friends and family and enjoy a game or two of volleyball on one of the courts!
- Go for a scenic family bike ride though the park along its extensive paved trails and enjoy the ocean views.
- Try a new activity like kayaking - rentals are available at the park.
- Play a game of horseshoes - it's a great activity for visitors of all ages.
Goleta Beach Park Insider Tips
- Bring along some food and have a picnic on the beach! The park has numerous picnic tables, as well as grills that you're welcome to use if you want to barbecue.
- If you don't have a fishing license, go fishing on the fishing pier, where they aren't required.
- Make sure to bring towels or blankets to lay out on the beach - it often has lot of kelp and seaweed on it.
- Pick up a snack or a refreshing drink from the beach cafe when you get thirsty.
- Keep an eye out for wildlife like dolphins, which occasionally appear in the water near the pier.