If you're a fan of Margaret Mitchell's famous novel Gone with the Wind, which later became one of the most popular films of all time, then you won't want to miss the chance to visit the many Gone with the Wind attractions throughout the Atlanta area. One of the top spots to visit is the Marietta Gone with the Wind Museum: Scarlett on the Square. Within a historic building in downtown Marietta, Georgia, visitors can view its impressive collection of movie memorabilia, including the original honeymoon gown worn in the film.
Things to Do
- Explore the museum, which features film artifacts such as the original Bengaline honeymoon gown worn by actress Vivien Leigh, who played the famous film character Scarlett O'Hara.
- Learn about Margaret Mitchell, who wrote Gone with the Wind, and view her own personal volumes of the novel.
- View memorabilia such as premiere programs, foreign film posters, and collectibles based on film!
Gone with the Wind Museum Insider Tips
- If you're a huge fan of the novel or the film, consider going on a 3-hour guided tour that includes admission to two museums and the nearby Margaret Mitchell House.
- Stop by the museum's gift shop to purchase Gone with the Wind-themed gifts such as purses, collector plates, DVDs, bookmarks, costumes, and mugs.
- Learn about even more sites related to the novel and film by viewing this comprehensive list on the Gone with the Wind Trail website.